69 Tools to Monitor, Measure, and Track Your Website
- SEOmoz Page Strength Tool – A useful tool that gives an overall look at the strength of a page.
- Sitening’s SEO Analyzer – See if your pages are structured to achieve high search engine rankings.
- Self SEO’s Page Speed Checker – Test the load time of your pages and your competitor’s pages.
- GoogleRankings.com – Check the use of keywords and phrases on your site.
- Popuri – See several items such as PageRank and inbound links all at once.
- Keyword Density Analysis – See how frequently you are using certain words and phrases.
- Meta Tag Analyzer – How are search engine spiders seeing your meta tags?
- Code to Text Ratio – Check for code bloat.
- Strongest Subpages Tool – Finds the 30 strongest subpages on your domain.
- Similar Page Checker – Avoid duplicate content.
- SEO Analysis Tool – Measures the ranking potential of a page.
- WebSitePulse – A few different tools to test your sites performance.
- Website Grader – Get a score for your site and even compare it to competitors if you want.
- Watchfire WebXACT – Test for quality, accessibility, and privacy issues.
- Google Analytics – The leading free stats program.
- Smart Tracking
- Alexa – See where your site ranks.
- FeedBurner – Stats on your feed and your subscribers.
- pMetrics – from Performancing.
- pMetrics Plugin- Extending pMetrics.
- IceRocket – Free stats program for blogs.
- Technorati – See who’s linking to you.
- Crazy Egg – Provides visual data about your visitors.
- Mint – An extensible, self-hosted web site analytics program.
- Google Webmaster Tools – Lots of information that shows you how Google sees your site.
- Web CEO – A collection of a number of useful tools. Free and paid editions.
CHECK AND TRACK SEARCH ENGINE RANKINGS:
- Sitening’s SERP Tracker – Test your page’s optimization.
- Search Engine Rankings Checker – From Mike’s Marketing Tools.
- Google Banned Checker – Has the largest search engine in the world banned your website? Find out here.
- Number of Pages Indexed – How many pages do you have indexed by search engines?
- Website SEO Checkup – Make sure you’re ready to get high search engine rankings.
- GeoTargeting Detection Tool from SEOmoz – Determine how well your site is targeted to country specific search engines.
- Google Alerts – Have preset alerts sent to you by email.
- co.mments – Monitor comments on blogs.
- Conversation Tracker from BlogPulse
- Trend Search from BlogPulse
- Keotag – See if blogs are using your company name in the tags of their blog posts.
- BoardTracker – Watch for mentions of your company in forums.
- Dead Links tool from W3C – Find broken links.
- Link Popularity Checker – From Mike’s Marketing Tools.
- Xenu’s Link Sleuth – Find broken links.
- Backlinks and Anchor Text – See who’s linking to you and what anchor text they are using.
- Reciprocal Links Checker – Do you have agreements with others for reciprocal links? Check them here.
CSS ANALYSIS TOOLS:
- Clean CSS – Formatting and Optimizing
- CSS Tidy – Optimizer and parser.
- CSS Redunancy Checker – Redundancy is easy to do with CSS. Fix it with this.
- CSS Analyzer – A validator plus.
- BrowserShots – See screenshots of your page in a number of different browsers.
- Ready.mobi – Test your site for use with mobile browsers.
Published October 15th, 2007 by Steven Snell