Showcase of Social Networking Websites
Social networking and social media sites have been popping up everywhere over the past few years. The design of a networking site is important for a few reasons. First, it needs to appeal to the those users who are in the target audience of the site so that they can relate to it and feel at home. Second, usability is very important for these sites because their success hinges on the ability to get first-time visitors to become regular users and repeat visitors. If a site is poorly designed and makes it difficult to interact, chances are the visitors will not continue to use the site.
In this post we’ll feature a number of well-designed social networking sites.
For more design inspiration please see:
- 25 Magazine-Style Layouts for Your Design Inspiration
- 25+ Inspirational E-Commerce Website Designs – Part II
- 25 of the Best Photographer Portfolio Websites
- 25 Impressive Blog Footers
- 37 of the Best Web Designs from the Travel Industry
Published October 5th, 2009 by Steven Snell